Sunday, 1 January 2017

Easy Peasy Snacking. Sun Dried Tomato Hummus





For me the point of a snack is something that I don’t have to think about preparing, something that is mess free and doesn’t require washing up after. That’s why chocolate bars and crisps are dangerous to have in my house. I love dips and creamy spreads, ideally a share bag of Doritos and sour cream and chive dip, but that’s off the cards for obvious reasons. 

I adore hummus, I used to chuck a tub in my weekly shop and devour it in one sitting. This was until I realised how easy peasy it was to make, plus much more delicious and healthier. This sun dried tomato hummus is a huge hit plus it’s all store cupboard ingredients, great if you’re on a budget as its much cheaper than store bought.

 You will need:
1 can of chickpeas drained
2 1/2 table spoons of Tahini (sesame seed paste)
Salt and paper to taste
About 5-6 sun dried tomatoes out of a jar.
1/2 a squeezed lemon
1 clove crushed garlic

All you need to do is place all the ingredients into a blender and wiz until you have reached your desired consistency. It may be a little thick at first, I like to add some of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes to smoothen out the consistency. 

This will last up to a week in an air tight container in the fridge, perfect for dipping your left over carrot sticks in. It’s also scrummy with toasted pitta bread. The best thing about it is, as it lasts so long it’s there every evening when I get home from work in time for my 6 o'clock nibbles, I don’t have to prepare anything and it’s a lot less calorific than chocolate. Win Win.

A shot and sweet post, but it literally is that easy.